Tiles play an essential role in every household. Tiles can make or break the structure of the homes. Therefore, it is advised to put proper care towards tile cleaning. Also, over time these tiles can appear dull instead of shiny. The common reason is the buildup of cleaning products used in the past. Importantly, regular cleaning aids in removing this problem to a great extent. Hence, regaining the beauty and shine lost. If you want your tiles to look new for a longer time, invest in tile cleaning services. And also one should give time to understand how tile cleaning works.
Along with tiles, grout is considered to be equally important. Properly clean tiles and grout will make the floor experience even better. This is in terms of hygiene, feel and appearance. Therefore, regular tile cleaning is suggested if you want to maintain the quality of tiles at home. Thus, here is the only tile cleaning guide one will need. Follow these steps and you will observe your tiles changing positively quickly.
Step-by-step Guide On Tile Cleaning Process At Home
1. Regular tile maintenance
The first step is to maintain the good quality of tiles at home. Tiles come in different shapes and materials. For example, ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles and others. It is necessary to mop and clean them regularly. Firstly, this will prevent dust to accumulate on the tiles. Likewise, it won’t seep inside the grout. Follow these steps once a week for extra tile maintenance –
- Use a soft brush to scrub tiles and grout.
- Do not forget to vacuum the tiles thoroughly. The motive is to get rid of any stuck dust and debris.
- Use trustworthy tile cleaning solutions available in the market. Make sure they are not harmful and suitable to the type of tile you have. Therefore, this applies to tiles present in any area of the house. Whether it is the porch, living room, kitchen, dining and drawing room.
2. How to maintain tiles in the bathroom and other wet areas
Bathroom tiles need special care due to a reason. Bathrooms, gardens, kitchens and washing areas are normally wet. Due to the constant use of water, the tiles are not given enough time to dry. The consequence of this is the discolouration of the tiles. And also, this increases the chances of developing mould and bad odour. Here is a guide to cleaning bathroom tiles.
- You can use equal parts of vinegar, lemon and warm water to make a solution. Spray this onto the tiles to treat discoloured areas. Use a mop cloth to gently scrub away the yellow colour. You can also use a bristled brush but make sure it is not too hard.
- Secondly, use a strong tile cleaning agent to wash off the tiles. Repeat the process until the tiles look new and shiny. Repeat the process once or twice a week accordingly.
3. Guide to cleaning the grouts of the tiles
Grout cleaning is as important as tile cleaning. Here is a simple way to restore the grout colour at home
- Use baking soda and water to scrub the grouts.
- To remove any type of stains, use bleach. Make sure to avoid bleaching the tile. Apply only to the grout area. Use a toothbrush for better convenience. If not bleach, you can also be using baking soda and vinegar solution. Likewise, any tile stain removal agent can be used.
This was a step-by-step guide on how to treat tiles, grout and stains on the flooring. Follow these steps and your tiles will no more have any discolouration. If you still face issues, you can always call a tile cleaning professional for help.
Read More:- How To Clean Tiles In A Bathtub?